Friday, August 4, 2023

Chelsea's Tomato Sauce








                      Enjoy the full tutorial video on YouTube for Chelsea’s Tomato Sauce

     All my kids are good cooks, but only one of them have a Tomato garden.  Thanks to Chelsea, my youngest, I was able to enjoy this delicious homemade home grown Tomato Sauce.  I am hoping her older siblings are feeling the pressure to show her up and give mommy more gifts...I digress.  This is a very simple recipe, using as many ingredients from the back yard as possible.  There are no measurements, as well as no rules for consumption.  I made a Salad with my Sauce by topping Greens with Cottage Cheese, Beef Crumbles (Tempeh would be a great meatless protein option), Sauce and Green Bell Pepper Garnish.  It was delightful.  Hope you give this one a try!  :)

Ingredients ~

Diced Tomatoes (preferably Homegrown)

Diced Onion 

Crushed Garlic

Olive Oil

Diced Jalapeños as desired

Italian Seasoning as desired 

Basil as desired

Oregano as desired

     Drizzle Tomatoes, Onions and Garlic with Olive Oil, and roast at 425 for 45min-hour, til roasted to your desire, season as preferred, add to blender and slightly blend for thicker sauce, or blend to smooth if you prefer a creamier texture.  If you have a large quantity like my daughter did, she divides hers up in batches and freezes any extras.  Enjoy  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment