Sunday, September 1, 2024

Yellow Tomato Sauce

 







        Yellow Cherry Tomatoes are an exquisite delight!  They are sweeter than the red, and hence have a little less acid, making them perfect for salads and snacking.  But the best held secret is my Yellow Tomato Sauce.  Super simple, but amazingly delicious.  This makes a little more than a cup, the entire recipe is only 195 calories, 31g carbs, 6g fiber, 25g net carbs, 5.6g protein and 8g fat.  I used mine on my Pizza and I enjoyed every mouth watering bite!  ;)

Ingredients for an overly full cup~
12oz Yellow Cherry Tomatoes
1 medium large Sweet Yellow Onion, Chopped
1 Tablespoon chopped Garlic
1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil

     Add all ingredients on parchment lined cookie sheet, toss til well coated, bake at 350 for one hour.  The baking temperature is critical. (I baked the first batch at 400 and it charred the Tomatoes and Onions and when I blended it, the Sauce turned a deep orange from the charring.)  Add all baked ingredients to blender and whip til desired consistency.  Should yield over a cup.  Use as desired.  Enjoy  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment