Saturday, October 7, 2017

Creamy Pumpkin Alfredo







     You would not believe the creamy mellow melt in your mouth goodness that flows from this Pumpkin Pasta.  I literally heard myself saying "mmmmmm...." after my first bite.  If you want to experience the power of the "mmmmmmmm.....", then I suggest you give this one a try.  For each 2/3 cup of  extra rich sauce, it is only 135 calories, 13g net carbs and 6g protein.  If you don't sigh with goodness after your first bite it's not worth eating ...

Ingredients for 6 servings~
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 medium diced Yellow Onion
1 Tablespoon chopped Garlic
Heavy dash Cayenne Pepper
2 cups Fat Free Half n Half
1.5 cups Pumpkin
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Salt, if desired for taste
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Spiralized Zucchini, "Zoodles" or favorite Pasta (not included in macros)
Pumpkin Seeds, as garnish if desired (not included in macros)
Diced Green Onion, as garnish if desired (not included in macros)

     Heat Olive Oil in skillet, add Onion, Garlic and Cayenne til golden brown, stir in Cream, Pumpkin and Parmesan til well incorporated and heated thru.  Serve over your favorite Pasta, I served mine over Zoodles for a guiltless dish, garnish with Green Onions and Pumpkin Seeds if desired.  Enjoy  :)

PS  There is a Zoodles video on my Facebook page for further instructions, I always eat my Zoodles raw, they become mushy if you cook them, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment