Saturday, February 15, 2020

Irish Soda Bread Muffins







     I normally don't eat flour, but I am willing to make an exception in this case.  Also, I made sure to ensure portion control by making the Irish Soda Bread into muffins versus a loaf of bread.  (Or, at least that's what I told myself).  I found a fab recipe on Pinterest from The Olive Blogger.  Each of the 12 muffins are only 192 calories, 23.9g carbs, 1g fiber, 22.9g net carbs, 5.5g protein and 8.2g fat.  Stick to one and enjoy every last morsel.  It's totally divine!  Great during St. Patrick's Day, or quite frankly anytime of year!  :)

Ingredients for 12 muffins~
1 cup Milk
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 Egg
1/4 cup melted Butter
2 cups Flour
2 Tablespoon Sugar
2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt
4oz/1 cup shredded Irish Cheddar (easy to find in most grocery stores, similar to a sharp Parmesan)

     Add milk to bowl, stir in Lemon, allow to sit for 10 minutes, then stir in Egg and melted Butter, beat with hand mixer til fully combined.  Meanwhile, stir together Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder and Soda, Salt and Cheddar.  Pour in wet mixture, stir til thoroughly combined, drop batter by 1/4 cup in 12 muffin tins, I use silpat lined.  Bake at 375 for 15-17 minutes.  Enjoy  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment