Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Brown Sugar Carrots







     I absolutely love carrots, I love them shredded, raw, steamed or glazed!  And I think they are the perfect addition to any festive table.  And of course I needed to add my healthy twist to the glaze to make it a Holiday favorite!  For 8~3/4 cup servings it is only 50 calories, 6g net carbs and 1g protein.  What sides will you fancy this year at your special gatherings!?

Ingredients for 8~3/4 cups servings:
2 pounds raw Baby Carrots
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Tablespoon packed Swerve Brown Sugar Erythritol, more if desired
Salt, as desired for seasoning
Pepper, as desired for seasoning

     Steam Carrots, I use the microwavable disposable ziplock baggies and cook according to directions, they work like a charm.  Meanwhile, melt Butter and stir in Brown Sugar til well incorporated and pour over cooked Carrots and stir til well coated, season as desired with Salt and Pepper.  Enjoy  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment