Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Thanksgiving Turkey







  Grandma Willoughby taught me how to roast a Turkey when I was a young girl.  Her method is fool proof and has been practiced since the early 1900's.  The big secret is a brown grocery sack!  So when I go to the store to pick up my Turkey, I asked for my secret cooking bag to carry it home...paper not plastic, please! Plan your trip to pick up your Thanksgiving Turkey and your brown paper bag too, ... you're gunna need it!   

Ingredients~
Fresh Turkey
Olive Oil 
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Brown Grocery Sack

     Remove wrappings from thawed Turkey, remove parts from inside Turkey, rinse with water and pat dry, rub with EVOO, sprinkle with Salt, Pepper and Garlic and put inside Brown Paper Sack, roll up the open end and place in roasting pan, following roasting directions on wrapper.  On last 20 minutes of roasting, remove Turkey and tear open sack, put back in oven to finish cooking and browning.  Remove when done, let rest 15 minutes, carve and serve!  Enjoy  ;)

3 comments:

  1. This is my go to turkey recipe each year now. Kids who don't love turkey love my turkeys made in a bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s wonderful, I’ll be talking about it again this year too. It’s the best, thank you for sharing! :)

      Delete
  2. How much salt, pepper & garlic do you use? I never put enough on & it’s bland.

    ReplyDelete