Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Easy Brazilian Cheese Bread





     So, I had an extra bag of Tapioca Flour (aka Tapioca Starch), sitting around and needed something to do with it.  That’s when I found a recipe for Easy Brazilian Cheese Bread.  I wasn’t sure at first if I was a fan, the texture is very chewy, but then it began to grow on me.  It’s different and worth stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new.  Each of the 12 muffin breads are only 135 calories, 14g carbs, zero fiber, 14g net carbs, 2.2g protein and 8g fat.  We had these with dinner, and also for breakfast, so just up to you of when you want to enjoy! ☺️

Ingredients for 12 servings~

1 Egg

1/4 cup Olive Oil

3/4 cup Milk (I used 60 cal/cup Almond Milk)

1.5 cups Tapioca Flour/Starch

3oz grated Cheese (approx a cup after grating, I only buy block cheese and grate my own, I used Mild Cheddar)

Salt to taste, optional (I did not use as we are a low sodium house)

      Beat Eggs and Oil together, blend in Milk, then Flour, and followed by Cheese and Salt if using.  I used a scant 1/4 cup in each silicone lined muffin tin, to equal 12.  Bake at 400 for 20 minutes, cool and Enjoy 😉   


No comments:

Post a Comment