Monday, October 17, 2016

Pumpkin Pear Zoats








     I love having a bowl full of health for breakfast, it just makes me feel all uppity, ...like I'm better than everyone else ...especially those who had drive thru donuts...that's usually about the time I trip over my own shoelaces and am brought back to reality... I digress.  Regardless, it's still a good idea to start the day on the right foot and my Pumpkin Pear Zoats are just the ticket.  Each of the 3 servings are only 277 calories, 18.5g net carbs and 25.5g protein.  The great thing about this is when you make a batch, you are making breakfast (or snack) for the next three day, I love having my premades ready to grab and go!  :)

Ingredients for 3 servings~
1/2 cup Gluten Free Oats
2 cups 30 cal/cup Almond Milk
4oz grated Zucchini, I trim the ends and grate with skin on.
1/4 cup Lakanto Monk Fruit ~use code Paige20 for discount at checkout 
Dash Salt or Lite Salt
Dash Pumpkin Pie Spice or Cinnamon
Dash Vanilla
- - - - - - - - - - - -
4oz diced Pear
1/4 cup Pumpkin
1/4 cup Ground Flax
2 scoops Quest Vanilla Protein Powder
- - - - - - - - - - - -
1.5 Tablespoons of your favorite Nut Butter
1 Tablespoon chopped Walnuts

     Bring first set of ingredients to simmer and stir for 10 minutes, remove from heat and stir in second set of ingredients, divide equally into 3 bowls (should be about 1 cup and 2 Tablespoons per bowl).  Top each Bowl with 1/2 Tablespoon Nut Butter and 1 teaspoon of Walnuts.  If you want to garnish with candy Pumpkin you can, not included in macros.  Store any leftovers in fridge.  Enjoy  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment