Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Beef Enchilada Skillet

 





     For those of you that know me well, you know I do food prep every week, so I have my lunch and dinners all prepared by Sunday afternoon for the week.  HOWEVER, this week we will be going out of town so I wont have that same window of opportunity.  BUT…I put on my thinking cap and did my food prep today for the week AFTER vacation, …so when I get home everything is in the freezer ready to pull out and defrost for the return Monday morning.  Voila!!!  It sure will make things fall into place while getting back into a routine!  I’m going to share my Beef Enchilada Skillet with you, plus I will have 5~6oz grilled Chicken Breast in the freezer as well, I will have 5~6oz Potatoes on hand, and ready to throw in the oven to bake.  Easy Peasy.  Do you prep in advance of your week, or for after vacation? (per 1 1/4 cup servings is 285 calories, 41g carbs, 20g fiber, 21g net carbs, 35.7g protein and 4.4g fat)


Ingredients for 5 servings~

300g dried Black Beans (sub with 2 drained cans of Beans)

1 teaspoon Chicken or Vegetable Bouillon 

1.5 diced Onions

1 pound 96% lean Ground Beef

1 Tablespoon chopped Garlic

10oz can Enchilada Sauce, or Salsa, or Enchilada Spices


     The day before preparing, soak Beans in bowl covered with water over night, in the morning, drain, add to pot, cover with water, along with Bouillon and 1/2 Onion and simmer for 2 hours, drain excess liquid.  Meanwhile, add Beef, 1 Onion, and Garlic to skillet, brown and drain, stir in Beans and Sauce, divide into 5 equal portions.  Should yield about 1 1/4 cup per serving.  Store in fridge if going to eat that week, otherwise store in freezer til ready to use.  I serve on top of a mixed Green Salad, or add Chicken Broth and turn into soup, top with Avocado, or Rice or Corn if desired. Enjoy ♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment