Saturday, January 17, 2015

Raw Chocolate Tart





     Apparently "Raw" is all the "Rage" right now!!!  To be perfectly honest, I don't really care what form my chocolate is morphed into, ... I LOVE it all!!!  My friend, Elizabeth, had me for lunch and served this Raw Chocolate Tart for dessert and it was to die for!!!  I knew I needed more of that in my life, so I copied the recipe AND had the good fortune of being sent home with a couple of "to-go" pieces!!!  Now that's my kinda hostess with the mostess!!!  I can't wait to pay it forward and re create this lovely melt in your mouth dessert and serve it to the people I love, ... luckily Valentines is about a month away and I now have the perfect recipe to try out on my hubby!!!  ;)

Ingredients for Pecan Chocolate Crust~
1 cup Pecan Meal (just grind up Pecans in Magic Bullet or Food Processor til powdered)
3-4 Medjool Dates, pitted
1/2 cup Cacao Powder ( can sub with Cocoa Powder)
Pinch Sea Salt
Dash Vanilla

Ingredients for Chocolate Filling~
2 cups Cashew pieces, soaked for 15 minutes, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup Maple Syrup (may use Agave Nectar)
1/2 cup Water
2 teaspoons Vanilla
1/2 cup Coconut Oil, melted
3/4 cup Raw or Organic Cacao Powder (or Cocoa Powder)

     Place all Crust ingredients in Food Processor or blender and pulse til combined.  Press into bottom of Pam sprayed 9" Springform pan.  Next blend, soaked and drained Cashews, Maple Syrup, Water and Vanilla til creamy.  Then add in the Coconut Oil and Cacao Powder, continue to blend in food processor til very smooth.  Pour into Springform Pan, chill in refrigerator over night or freezer for a couple hours.  When ready to serve, remove outter ring, slice and serve with Raspberries for garnish.  Prepare for this to literally MELT in your mouth!!!  Enjoy  ;)

For 10 dollars off your first 30 dollar Vitacost.com order click http://goo.gl/jjEvV7.

1 comment: