Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Ruby Red Grapefruit and Avocado Chicken Salad





     Every year for as long as I can remember, the Tibbitts have given my mother Grapefruit for Christmas.  And every year I would sneak part of her Ruby Red Pitman stash over to my house because the juicy sweet citrus called my name!!!  Sadly, the Tibbitts have both passed, but their beautiful daughter LeeAnn has carried on the tradition to the next generation, and now I receive my own supply from her every year for Christmas.  My mouth waters just waiting to experience that first bite of flavor explosion dripping from that fruit.  It would be a crime if I didn't take this opportunity to feed my family one of my favorite Grapefruit salads at the peak of Citrus Season.  You must put this on your to-do list, and you will feel the magic of Christmas too  ;)

Ingredients for 4-6 servings~
2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
1 Tablespoon Lucini Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
Dash Garlic Powder
Dash Chili Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
Torn Romaine
Baby Spinach Leaves
Shredded Carrots
Diced Green Onion
Sliced Red Bell Pepper
Italian Dressing
1 pound boneless skinless Chicken Tenders
Sliced Avocado
Ruby Red Grapefruit Segments
Orange Segments
Shaved Parmesan
Sliced Purple Onion
Kitchen Table Bakers Aged Parmesan Crisps

     Whisk together Nutritional Yeast, EVOO, Lemon Juice, Garlic, Chili Powder, Salt and Pepper, set aside.  Toss together torn Romaine, Baby Spinach Leaves, Carrots, Green Onions and Red Bell Pepper, set aside.  Add Italian Dressing and Chicken Tenders to skillet, add enough Dressing to coat Chicken, and cook thoroughly.  While Chicken cooking, add Avocado, Grapefruit, Orange's, Parmesan, Purple Onion to top of Tossed Salad, then layer cooked Chicken, and Nutritional Yeast Salad Dressing.  Finish with a few crumbled Parmesan Crisps.  Enjoy  ;)

For 10 dollars off your first 30 dollar Vitacost.com order click http://goo.gl/jjEvV7.

No comments:

Post a Comment