Thursday, November 10, 2016

Thanksgiving Turkey





     Grandma Willoughby taught me how to roast a Turkey when I was a young girl.  Her method is fool proof and has been practiced since the early 1900's.  (The big secret is a brown grocery sack...sshhh!)  So when I went pick up my Turkey, I asked for paper not plastic to carry it home ... you're gunna need it!  Let the celebrations begin  ;)

Ingredients~
Thawed Turkey
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Brown Grocery Sack

     Remove wrappings from thawed Turkey, remove parts from inside Turkey, rinse with water and pat dry, rub with Olive Oil or Butter, sprinkle with Salt, Pepper and Garlic and put inside Brown Paper Sack, roll up the open end and place in roasting pan, following roasting directions on wrapper.  On last 20 minutes of roasting, remove Turkey and tear open sack, put back in oven to finish cooking and browning.  Remove when done, let rest 15 minutes, carve and serve!  Enjoy  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment