Thursday, January 21, 2016

Pecan Coconut Butter






     You know those days when you are running low on supplies and the ole' saying necessity is the mother of invention kicks in!?...yeah, me too... and today was that day!  Hence, Pecan Coconut Butter was born.  I absolutely LOVE nut butters, but I fear all the fat, sugar and calories, so I set in to come up with a formula to reduce those factors and came up with an AMAZING result.  I will admit that my version does have a lightly grainy texture, but I don't mind because the flavor is astounding and I will be using mine as a fat source in baked goods (when I'm not sneaking spoonfuls directly into my esophagus).  :0  Each Tablespoon is only 55 calories, .9g net carbs and .8g protein.  Check out my recipe and see if you agree that I'm a genius when it comes to skinny solutions!

Ingredients for 24 Tablespoons~
1 cup broken Salted Roasted Pecan Halves (a little plug for Wichita, Kansas.  A great Nut source is Nifty Nut House, they offer online shopping for "outta towners"~www.niftynuthouse.com)
2 cups reduced fat Let's Do Organic unsweetened Coconut Shreds (Lets Do Organic is only reduced fat brand of Coconut Shreds I have found, order thru Vitacost.com with my discount code)
2/3 cup Swerve Granular Erythritol
2 teaspoons Vanilla Bean Powder, or Vanilla Extract
1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt, or regular Salt
Dash Cinnamon

     Add broken Pecans to Food Processor and grind for one minute, scrape sides.  Add remaining ingredients and process for 3 minutes, scrape sides.  Continue this pattern til desired consistency.  I did a total of 15 minutes, if you want smoother, continue on til your hearts desire!  Use this as a spread or fat source in all your baking needs. Enjoy  :)

For 10 dollars off your first 30 dollar order at Vitacost.com click http://goo.gl/jjEvV7.

No comments:

Post a Comment