Saturday, January 21, 2017

Almond Joy Toast








     "They" say breakfast is the most important meal of the day... #finewithme !  Ever since I created my healthy frosting, I can't stop putting it on everything...especially my spoon.  Such is the case with Almond Joy Toast!  If you are looking to start your day with 108 calories, 3.5g net carbs and 10g protein, then I'm your gal.  Don't be fooled by this easy peasy recipe, the flavor is fabulous and outrageously healthy!  PS.  this is so fast to whip up, why not make two while you are at it...okay okay, three...   :)

Ingredients for one serving~
1 low carb slice bread ( I use thinslimfoods.com Low Carb Honey Bread)
2 Tablespoons Chocolate Frosting (recipe below)
1 teaspoon sliced Almonds
1/2 teaspoon sweetened shredded Coconut
Dash Pink Himalayan Salt (can sub with regular)

     Toast bread, top with Chocolate Frosting, Almonds, Coconut and Salt to taste.  I served mine with Strawberries, Pineapple is great as well (not included in macros).  Enjoy  :)

Chocolate Frosting (yield 2 cups)
4oz reduced fat Cream Cheese, softened
7oz 2% Fage Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup Swerve Confectioners Erythritol
1/4 cup Cocoa
2 Tablespoons Brownie Batter G Butter

     Stir til well incorporated and smooth.  Chill in fridge and spread on every thing in sight!  Enjoy  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment