Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Blue Cheese BBQ Bacon Burger







     I kept hearing about this terrific sugar free BBQ sauce that people were loving, so I had to try it out for myself!  And, now I know what all the fuss was about, it's terrific!  So in honor of my new find, I threw together my Blue Cheese BBQ Bacon Burger...and man oh man, this did not disappoint.  This hearty meal weighs in at 550 calories, 12.3g carbs, 7.1g fiber, 5.2g net carbs, 37.3g protein and 38.6g fat.  I literally licked my plate clean...while I was deciding how soon I could have this again!  ;)

Ingredients for one hearty Burger~
4oz 91% lean ground Beef
Seasoning as desired, I used a Garlic Blend
1/4 cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
2 slices center cut Bacon, cooked and crumbled, reserve the drippings (I used Oscar Myer)
2 Tablespoons G Hughes Sugar Free BBQ Sauce (found at Walmart)
1 Kale Leaf, torn from stem
1 small (3.5-3.75oz) Avocado, cut in half and sliced

     Add Beef, Seasoning, Cheese (reserve a few crumbles), Bacon (reserve a few crumbles), and 1 Tablespoons BBQ Sauce to bowl and mix well, shape in pattie, add to hot skillet with residual Bacon drippings, fry til browned on one side then flip and brown the other side.  Meanwhile, arrange torn Kale leaf and Avocado slices on plate, top with Burger, pour remaining Tablespoon BBQ Sauce on top, and garnish with remaining Bacon and Cheese.  Enjoy  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment