Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Cheddar Avocado Bacon Burger







     In the world of Keto, Burgers reign supreme.  So to show off a little, I tried my hand at a Cheddar Avocado Bacon Burger to see how I stack up.  I must say, it was pretty darn good.  The hardest part was deciding if to share or not to share, that was the question.  I will let the macros help you decide.  The entire recipe is 582 calories, 11.8g carbs, 7.3g fiber, 4.5g net carbs, 37.4g protein and 32.9g fat.  Since I do intermittent fasting, this was my largest meal of the day, ...and I didn't share with "no one"!  ;)

Ingredients~
2 slices Center Cut Bacon, cut in half ~I used Oscar Myer
4oz 91% lean ground Beef
Seasoning as desired~Salt, Pepper, Garlic, or Garlic Blend
1oz sliced Cheddar~sub with favorite Cheese
1 Kale Stem, leaves torn off
1 small Avocado~approx 3.5-3.75oz~halved and sliced
1 slice Roma Tomato
1 teaspoon Mayo
Pepper, to season as desired

     Cut Bacon in half and cook in skillet til golden brown, remove Bacon and set aside.  Form the Beef into a pattie and season as desired, lay in Bacon Grease and cook til done, flipping as necessary.  When finished, top with Bacon and Cheddar til Cheese is melty.  Meanwhile, line plate with Kale Leaves and Avocado slices, top with Beef pattie, stack with Tomato and Mayo.  Season as desired. Enjoy  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment