Thursday, July 24, 2014

Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats












     I used to dream about forgetting my High School locker combination ( 36-26-36 ... oh, wait... that's my measurements ... oh, wait... still dreaming ;/)... BUT NOW .... I dream about RECIPES !!!  Ha  While I was sleeping last night I kept thinking about Rice Krispie Treats !!!  I bought some Kashi Cerreal about a week ago and told The Hubs I wanted to try and recreate that youthful dessert but in a healthy way.  BIG SUCCESS in the kitchen this morning !!!  However, the Krisp ain't that Krispie, ... BUT... the flavor is astounding !!! ( you can't have it all ... or atleast not yet til I figure out how to use a puffed grain without it softening with moisture ... I will not give up...)  The Macro's are super inviting as well~ this recipe makes 9 treats, each one is 83 calories, 6g carbs and 8g protein!  ;)

Ingredients~
Chocolate Peanut Butter Quest Bar, broken into small pieces
1/2 cup 30 cal/cup Almond Milk
1 Scoop Peanut Butter Protein Powder
Dash Cinnamon
Dash Vanilla
3 cups Kashi Whole Grain Puffs
Quest Cravings Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled

     Stir Quest Bar and Milk in bowl and microwave for 1 minute, and stir and cook for another 30 seconds to minute or till Bar is melted and the mixture is well blended.  Stir in Protein Powder, Cinnamon and Vanilla til blended, then stir in Puffs.  Spray 8X8 or 9X9 with Butter Pam and pat mixture into pan.  Top with crumbled Peanut Butter Cups and lightly press into mixture, and chill til set.  Cut into 9 squares and Enjoy  ;)

   

1 comment:

  1. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading. I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well!
    friv jogos online
    jogos online 2019
    friv jogos 4 school online

    ReplyDelete