Monday, December 22, 2014

French Silk Pie







     As per my normal posts, this has nothing to do with the health of the body, rather its about the health of the heart.  A heart filled with love and steeped in tradition.  I have been making this pie since I was 14 years old.  It has become a family favorite and is a standard at every Christmas Eve dinner.  So this recipe holds 44 years of memories, relationships, family, togetherness and all of my most tender parts rolled into one.  Every bite holds emotions of the past, pleasure in the present and hope filled wonder for our future.  Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas Season, and the deepest gratitude and humility for all the loving support I have received over this past year.  In good health~paige

Ingredients~
3/4 cup Butter, softened
1 1/3 cup Sugar
2 squares Unsweetened Chocolates, melted and cooled
2 teaspoons Vanilla
3 large Eggs
- - - - - - - -
1 1/2 cups ground Graham Cracker Crumbs
3 Tablespoons Sugar
1/4 cup melted Butter
Dash Cinnamon
- - - - - - - -
Whipped Cream

     Cream Butter and Sugar well, blend in melted cooled Chocolate.  Add Vanilla, mix well.  Add Eggs, one at a time, beating 5 minutes ( very very important) after each Egg, chill in fridge.  Meanwhile, combine crumbled Graham Crackers, 3 Tablespoons Sugar, melted Butter, and Cinnamon and press into Deep Dish Pie Plate, bake at 350 for 10 minutes, remove and cool. Pour Chocolate mixture into Graham Cracker Crust and chill several hours or overnight.  Garnish with Whipped Cream, and shaved Chocolate ( I scrape chocolate squares with my fork tines to get shavings).  Makes 8 servings.  Enjoy  ;)



   

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to date myself, but I however vividly remember becoming a member of my first "electronic" mail consideration in the early 90's when I was a freshman in college.
    jogos friv gratis
    Jogos online
    jogos 4 school

    ReplyDelete