Thursday, March 6, 2014

Apple Pie French Toast


     Several years ago, my friend Polly and I were discussing diets, food, exercise, blah, blah, blah ... that's when she told me about this new daily email she was getting from this chic called the Hungry Girl and how great it was ... sooooo I had no choice but to sign up too !!! So now, every day I get an email from Hungry Girl that always has great tips and recipes, and today was not exception !!! I noticed a recipe that I could really get into and looked simple and delicious, it turned out terrific and I think you should try it too !!!  Its a little higher in carb than I like, so I tweaked it a smidge to make it my own, lowering the carbs and increasing the protein.

Ingredients:
1 cup chopped Fuji Apple
1/8 tsp lemon juice
1 packet of Stevia
Dash of cinnamon
1/3 cup egg whites
Dash Vanilla
Spray Butter
2 Slices 45 Calorie Sara Lee Bread

     Place apple, lemon juice, stevia, and dash cinnamon in microwave safe bowl and cook for 3 minutes, til soften and slightly gooey.
     In another bowl, mix egg whites, cinnamon and vanilla.  Place bread in bowl soaking up egg mixture on each side. Fry in Pam sprayed skillet til browned on each side. Put on plate and top with apple mixture and give a little Spray Butter spritz to top it off !!!  This is a pretty good deal for only 245 calories, 36 gms carbs, and 17 gms protein. ~ Dig in with no guilt !!!  Enjoy  ;)

1 comment:

  1. I should assert barely that its astounding! The blog is informational also always fabricate amazing entitys.jogos friv gratis 2019
    Jogos 2019
    jogos friv

    ReplyDelete