Thursday, March 27, 2014

Gluten Free Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies



     Soooo, I just ground my own Quinoa Flour...yep, you read that right...  With this recipe, the big secret is to chill the dough before cooking, otherwise it had a tendency to melt and be VERY flat. But the taste was still pretty darn good~ I made these for my hubby's birthday... I am sure he will be thrilled with Gluten Free Quinoa Ground Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies... I mean, who wouldn't want that for their birthday, ... right !?  ;)  ( PS If you want to know a little more about the great benefits of Coconut Oil, check out this article from Nutri Inspector, an online health magazine.  http://www.nutriinspector.com/coconut-oil-for-weight-loss-and-many-health-benefits/ )

Ingredients~
2 cups Quinoa Flour ( I made my own and have a recipe on my blog, otherwise use Bob's Red Mill)
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
Dash Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon light Salt
2/3 cup Coconut Oil, melted
1 1/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
2 teaspoons Vanilla
1 cup Chocolate Chips
coarse Sea Salt, for sprinkling


     Preheat oven to 350.  In large bowl, whisk together flour, soda, salt and cinnamon, set aside.  Then mix together coconut oil and brown sugar til smooth.  Add eggs and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy.  Add in flour and mix just until combined, then fold in chocolate chips.  Chill dough for 20 minutes, then roll into small balls and bake 2 inches apart for 8-11 minutes.  Mine turned out very flat but still tasted good.  Sprinkle with coarse sea salt when cooked.  Let rest on cookie sheet til cooled as these can be crumbly and delicate.  Then remove to wire rack to rest til completely cooled.  Enjoy  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment