Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Protein Greek Oat Apple Zucinni Carrot Flax Muffin... say that 3 times :0



    ( Note:  This is WONDERFUL with a little Almond Butter on top, perfect way to start my day :)


    If I haven't told Jaki I love her lately, I need to do it again !!! My world has opened up to endless possibilities !!! She so kindly gave me her food processor and I can't stop PROCESSING !!!  I've signed up for Processing Anonymous ... classes start next week !!!  Hi, my name is Paige, and I'm a Processor ....  Anyhoo, lucky for me I came across this wonderful High Protein Muffin recipe that works great in the processor, its so easy to just start throwing things in there, and in minutes your batter is perfectly blended and ready to go !!!  YEAH ME !!!  I'm not sure you could have anything more healthy or delicious to stuff in your face, these certainly have the highest nutritional value possible.  The texture of these are a little softer and less cake like than a standard muffin, but the overall value rocks this muffin to the top of the charts !!!  Go ahead, make my morning !!!  ;)

Ingredients~
1 Zucchini cut into chunks
1 Medium Apple cut into chunks
1/2 Cup Baby Carrots
1/2 Cup Ground Flax Seed
5.3 oz Greek Vanilla Yogurt
1/4 Cup Liquid Egg Whites
2 Tablespoons Honey ( I use P's Bees Honey~ Contact Amy at Prohaska Farms at 316-200-0314 to purchase, this is the best home made Honey you will ever try !!!  )
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
Heaping teaspoon Cinnamon
Heavy Dash Vanilla
1/2 Cup Vanilla Protein Powder
2 Cups Instant Oats
Garnish with Sliced Almonds or Regular Oats

     With this recipe, I pretty much just start at the top of the list and work my way down by adding it to my food processor. After all ingredients are thoroughly blended, then scoop batter out by heaping 1/8 cup into Pam sprayed silicone muffin cups. Top with Oats or sliced Almonds. This batch will make 2-3 dozen of small muffins.  Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes or until appropriately done. Since these have no flour or oil, they are a different consistency.  So they take a little longer to cook and seem to do better if the muffin cups aren't as full as a regular muffin.  Feel free to experiment with what you think on baking times!!! Also, since there are no muffin wrappers on these, I store them in a zip lock bag in the freezer and just pull a couple out as needed. Enjoy ;)

1 comment:

  1. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include.jogos friv online
    Jogos live
    jogos friv 4 school

    ReplyDelete