Sunday, August 24, 2014

Chocolate Toffee Banana Pie












     Big shout out to my friend Andrea at Andrea's Protein Cakery ( IG @proteincakery), for her creative genius !!!  She continually provides us with wonderful new yummy desserts to keep us on our toes, ... but still able to fit in our pants!!!  We bow down to you!!!  ;)  This pie will tickle your tastebuds for only 298 calories, 15g net carbs, and 20g protein. I hope you will have the luxury of whipping this baby together very very soon  ;)  PS  I did change a couple things, so if it doesn't work out it's probably my fault and not hers ... just sayin'  :0

Ingredients for crust~
1/3 cup Almond Butter ( I had some Cashew Butter on hand, so I used that)
1/3 cup Almond Milk ( I use the 30 cal/cup)
1/2 cup chocolate Warrior Blend Protein Powder ( I only had Chocolate Whey, so I used that)
1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder

Banana Layer~
1 1/2 Bananas, sliced

Ingredients for Caramel/Toffee filling~
1 Tablespoon Agar Powder
1/2 cup water, heated to boil
1 teaspoon Toffee Stevia
1 Tablespoon Carob Powder ( I used Cocoa Powder as that is all I had on hand)
1 cup Vanilla Whey Protein Powder

Ingredients for Cream Topping~
1 1/2 cups Cashews, soaked for 4 hours in water~then rinse and drain ( I started mine before I went to bed the night before)
1/2 medium Banana, mashed
1/2 cup Almond Milk ( I use the 30 cal/cup)
1/4 teaspoon Toffee Stevia

     Mix the Cashew Butter and Almond Milk from crust ingredients, after blended then mix in remaining crust ingredients and pat into Pam sprayed pie dish and bake at 325 for 10 minutes, or till cooked and firm.  Remove and cool, set aside.  Meanwhile, mix all the Topping ingredients together ( I used my Magic Bullet), then set in freezer to cool.  Then add boiling water to Agar Powder in mixing bowl and blend with hand mixer til cooled off, then add remaining filling ingredients and blend well.  Lay Banana slices on top of cooled pie crust and pour filling on top of Banana layer.  Set the pie in freezer to to firm up the filling, then top with Cream Topping.  I used a few Cacao Nibs for garnish, or you can use some shaved chocolate curls if you desire to garnish.  Enjoy  ;)



1 comment:

  1. It is now easier than ever to proclaim your inform to the Internet in order to save in totaling taking place occurring by now your associates and connections or even to make a tiny bit of child maintenance once advertising.
    jogos friv gratis 2019
    Jogos 2019
    jogos friv

    ReplyDelete