Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Ground Beef








     I was telling my friend that I am the worst gift giver, I never know what to buy people.  Her response surprised me, she told me I wasn't trying hard enough, and she was a great gift giver because she had a talent for really thinking about a person and their needs.  Hmmm...maybe I could try a little harder after all.
     Step One was deciding who I was going to practice on first.  The obvious Guinea Pig needed to be my friend who challenged my sub par abilities.  Step Two was thinking about her wants, needs and lifestyle.  Step Three, get to work.
     During Step Two I realized I needed to think thru the receivers day and where they spend their time.  That's when I  had my Aha moment, ... for those who are giving gifts to fitness friends or busy mothers, what would they love more than to have hep with their weekly meal prep process.  (Thank you, ...thank you very much)  Genius right!?
     For Step Three I bought 5 pounds of Laura's 96% lean Ground Beef, each 4oz has 140 calories, Zero Carbs and 24g protein.  Follow my recipe for the perfect prepped meat!

Ingredients for 5 pounds Lean Ground Beef~
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 large Onion, diced
1 Tablespoon chopped Garlic
Dash Cayenne Pepper
5 pounds Laura's 96% lean Ground Beef

     Heat EVOO in skillet and add diced Onion, Garlic and Cayenne to skillet til golden brown, may take 20-30 minutes.  Add Beef til cooked thru and crumbled, drain off all grease.  Weigh out equally into 5 freezer proof containers and store in freezer til ready to use, or give as a gift.  Note~cooked and drained Beef may only yield 14-15oz out of each pound.  Enjoy  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment