Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Travel Pancakes






Catch full video Here!

     I have an upcoming trip looming, and as always, I plan and prep my food even when out of my zip code.  So I bring with me what I can to keep myself safe...and quite frankly, I like my own food better than anyone else's.  Starting my day off right is of high importance, so creating my Travel Pancakes was a natural next step.  Not to mention, they are super good, and can hang at room temperature for several hours.  These sugar free beauties are only 302 calories, 27g carbs, 8g fiber, 19g net carbs, 25.5g protein, and 10g fat...did you pick up on that protein number!?  Macros don't include added fruit, add fruit to batter as desired, plenty sweet with Apples and Blueberries.  Simply satisfying!!!  :)

Ingredients for one serving~

1/3 cup Oats

1/3 cup Egg Whites

1/3 cup Cottage Cheese

2 Tablespoons Ground Flaxseed

Large handful of fresh Spinach Leaves, feel free to add as much as desired

2 Tablespoons shredded Carrots, feel free to add as much as desired

Chopped Apples, as desired

Blueberries, as desired

     Add first 6 ingredients to blender, and whip til smooth.  Drop by 1/3 cup on hot Pam sprayed skillet, add desired amount of Apples and Blueberries on top batter and slightly press down, flip Pancake when ready and cook other side.  As an alternate method, I made 3 batches at once when preparing for travel,  and baked the Pancakes at 375 for 15-20 minutes on silpat lined cookie sheet.  Either way works, making a large batch was easy for the oven, and the single batch was easy in the skillet.  Enjoy :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment