Thursday, June 28, 2018

Low Carb Goulash








     Have I mentioned what a fan I am of exercise!?  If I haven't, I "shoulda", ...to the 10th power!  There are many benefits to physical activity, and I experienced a huge pay off just the other day.  I was telling my friend, Jennifer, at tennis my plan for a new recipe I was creating for dinner.  She listened patiently, then when I was done with my "goings on", she offered a few additions that took my ideas from good to great.  Four HUGE 2 1/3 cup servings are only 331 calories, 59g carbs, 39g fiber, 20g net carbs, 45g protein, and 7g fat.  This high fiber Low Carb Goulash will keep you full for hours.  Thanks to my buddy, there was a lot of "love" on the courts that day!  It takes a village  :)

Ingredients for four 2 1/3 cup servings~
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 medium yellow Onion, diced
1 Tablespoon chopped Garlic
Dash Cayenne
8oz sliced fresh Mushrooms
1 pound 99% lean ground Turkey
1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
2 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
14oz canned diced Italian Style Tomatoes, drained
1 cup low fat Cottage Cheese
8oz Impastable Low Carb Penne Pasta
4 teaspoons shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Parsley, chopped for garnish

     Heat Olive Oil in skillet, add Garlic, Onion and Cayenne til golden brown, I don't rush this step, may take 30 minutes to achieve the perfect golden brown. #bepatient  Next, add Mushrooms to skillet til cooked through.  Add Turkey, heat til cooked thoroughly, add Bell Peppers til desired level of done, or keep raw if desired.  Drain off any excess liquid.  Stir in Tomato Paste, diced Tomatoes, and Cottage Cheese, add lid and keep warm.  Meanwhile, prepare Pasta per directions, if you want a softer result add 2 more minutes of cooking time.  Drain and stir into Turkey mixture, each serving is 2 1/3 cups, top each portion with 1 teaspoon shredded Sharp Cheddar and fresh Parsley.  Enjoy  :)








No comments:

Post a Comment