Saturday, April 19, 2014

Paige's Green Beans





     I gotta give props to my momma, I got this inspiration from my growing up years watching her make Sunday dinner!  I have changed it a little bit, but regardless, it takes me straight back to my childhood every time I make these.  It is a great side dish for a crowd and you can cook up a big batch and they will be every ones favorite !!!  ;)

Ingredients~
Fresh green beans ( I used 2 pounds)
6 cups water
2 Tablespoons LB Jamison Chicken Base
Large Yellow Onion, diced
6 slices Maple Cured Bacon, or pick your favorite sugar cured bacon

     Bring water and chicken base to boil, add green beans, bacon and onion~ turn to low and continue to simmer off liquid. It takes 3 or 4 hours, stirring often.  These take some planning, but are well worth the outcome !!! If you don't have access to fresh green beans, then use the largest can that feeds 24 and omit the extra water and chicken base. Enjoy  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment