Sunday, April 6, 2014

Quinoa Chocolate Chip No Bake Cookies ~ Gluten Free




     I love when my friends give me recipe suggestions to try !!!  So, thank you Karen, for bringing me Dr Oz's recipes to try out.  Of course, I had to change it a bit by adding a dash of cinnamon ... everything is better with cinnamon, "dontcha" think!?  These no bakes are stored in the freezer, so that is new to me, but I didn't mind the end result at all and the flavor was fantastic!!!  Plus, it gave me a chance to try out my homemade peanut butter and almond four!!!  ;)

Ingredients~
1/2 cup natural peanut butter ( look for my Homemade Peanut Butter recipe to make your own)
2 Tablespoons applesauce
1/4 cup Agave Nectar
1 Tablespoon Paige's Handcrafted Vanilla ( look for my homemade vanilla recipe)
Dash of light salt
Dash of cinnamon
1/3 cup Almond Flour ( you can purchase this or blend almonds in Magic Bullet into flour in less than one minute.  Look for my homemade almond four recipe  on my blog)
1/2 cup quinoa~ boil in 3/4 cups water for 15 minutes or til water is absorbed and cool ( should yield 1 1/2 cups )
1/4-1/3 dark chocolate sugar free chips

     Mix all ingredients and drop by rounded tablespoons on wax lined cookie sheet and set in freezer for 20 min til ready to eat.  Quinoa is packed with protein, fiber and iron.  Try these creamy cookies to sneak some of this superfood into your diet for 89 calories and 11 carbs!  Enjoy  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment