Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pistachio Ice Cream





     One of my daughter's favorite Ice Cream is Pistachio, so when Vitacost sent me some of their amazing Pistachio's it was a no brainer what I was going to do!!!  These Organic nuts are perfect to pop straight in your mouth or use as an ingredient in a dream filled recipe!  (Luckily for me they have shells on them slowing down my consumption.)  As I was shelling a 1/2 cup for the Ice Cream I couldn't help but play the "one for you one for me" game ...  my love filled smiled rapidly turned upsidedown when my measuring cup was full ... game over :/ ... but ICE CREAM ON !!! ( frownie face turned back upsidedown)  ;)  .....recipe yields 5~1/2 cup servings at 208 calories, 20.6g net carbs and 12g protein.

Ingredients~
1/2 cup shelled Vitacost Organic Pistachio's, extra for garnish if desired
2 cups Fat Free Half n Half
4 Tablespoons Nutiva Vanilla Hemp Protein Powder
10oz Sugar Free Fat Free Instant Pistachio Pudding
6oz Fage 0% Plain Greek Yogurt

     Add first four ingredients to Magic Bullet and blend til smooth, pour in 9 X 13 pan and stir in Yogurt til fully incorporated.  Place in freezer, after 30-45 minutes, remove and stir.  Repeat 3 or 4 times til desired consistency. Scoop a 1/2 cup when ready to eat and garnish with extra Pistachio's if desired.  Enjoy  ;)

For 10 dollars off your first 30 dollar order at Vitacost.com click http://goo.gl/jjEvV7.

No comments:

Post a Comment