Sunday, June 14, 2015

Cream Cheese Pumpkin Cake







     I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, but I can make a Pumpkin Cake if I wanna... and I did wanna...so I did! :0  Then I decided I wanna add some Cream Cheese Frosting and I also wanna add some Walnuts...just cause! ... so I did.  I also wanna make it healthy... so I did.  For an 1/8th of the cake it is only 175 calories, 7.3g carbs and 12.2g protein.  So don't wait for the Holiday's, Pumpkin is good eats all year round... aren't you glad I didn't use the word "wanna" again...I didn't wanna...so I didn't.  ;)

Ingredients for 8 servings~
1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
2 jumbo Eggs
7oz 2% Fage Plain Greek Yogurt, divided into two equal portions
1 cup Pumpkin
1 scoop Quest Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
1/4 cup Coconut Flour
1/4 cup Swerve Granular Erythritol
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt or Lite Salt
Dash Cinnamon
Dash Vanilla
4oz Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup Swerve Confectioners Erythritol
1 Tablespoon Walnuts, chopped

     Mix melted Coconut Oil, Eggs, 4oz Yogurt, Pumpkin, Protein Powder, Coconut Flour, Granular Erythritol,  Baking Powder, Salt, Cinnamon and Vanilla til well combined and pour into parchment lined Pam sprayed 8 inch cake pan.  Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.  While baking, soften Cream Cheese in microwave a few seconds til melty, then stir in remaining Yogurt, and Confectioners Erythritol til smooth, chill in fridge to thicken.  When cake is done, making sure to not over bake as protein powder tends to be drying, remove from oven and invert on wire rack to cool.  When cooled, frost with chilled and thickened frosting, sprinkle with chopped Walnuts.  Enjoy  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment