Monday, September 19, 2022

Nine Days of Salads

https://youtu.be/1u0Xjrd4MII ~ Click on this link to enjoy the You Tube video demonstration!!! 🥗🥗🥗






     For those that know me well, it is no surprise that I am a freak when it comes to food prep.  Organization is my best friend, and the number one thing I do to keep myself safe when it comes to health, and quite frankly a gift in every area of my life!  One of my non negotiables is keeping a daily prepared salad on hand...you know why!?...because they get consumed if they are prepped and ready, duh!  There ain't no way I am going to that much trouble and expense to let one little leaf go to waste!... and they really aren't that much trouble, I was just being dramatic.  #shocker

Ingredients for 9 one pound Salads~ (or about that)
1 package of 3 heads of Romaine
1 bunch of Kale
3, 4, 5, or 6 heads of fresh Broccoli
2 pounds Carrots
2 Red Bell Peppers (or mix it up and do a Red and a Yellow)
9 Salad containers 
Note: feel free to add or subtract any of these ingredients, however, these are tried and true when withstanding the test of time in the fridge, non of these get soft or wilt in 9 days.

     Clean and chop Romaine, place equally in 9 containers, do the same with the Kale.  Next clean, trim and chop Broccoli heads, BUT reserve the stems, place Broccoli pieces equally in each of the containers.  Now, for the fun part, finely chop each of the Broccoli stems (they are the best part, love me some crunch), and distribute equally among containers.  Finish by trimming and chopping Carrots and Peppers, distribute evenly.  Add lids to each container, store in fridge for 9 days.  You will be amazed that your Salads will be as fresh on the last day as the first.  Enjoy ;)  


No comments:

Post a Comment