Sunday, September 22, 2024

Turkey Sausage Kale Bean Soup







     Ever since I have put up several batches of fresh roasted Tomatoes, my wheels have been spinning as to how best to use them.  It seems my Turkey Sausage Kale Bean Soup was at the top of the list.  I always know when things turn out well because my husband asks for seconds, he is my barometer of deliciousness.  Each of these 7 full 2 cups are only 275 calories, 32g carbs, 10.5g fiber, 21.5g net carbs, 25g protein and 5g fat.  This is a wonderful source of protein, not to mention heavy laden in vegetables.  An entire pot of yum just waiting to be tasted!

Ingredients for 7 two cup servings~
14oz Turkey Sausage
1 chopped Onion
1 bunch of chopped Celery
3 large cleaned and sliced Carrots
2 large handfuls of chopped Kale
1 Tablespoon chopped Garlic
Dash Cayenne
4 cups Broth
4 cups Tomato Sauce (feel free to use my homemade recipe https://foodfitnessbypaige.blogspot.com/2024/01/tomato-carrot-red-sauce.html )
2~5.3oz 0% Plain Fage Greek Yogurt
2 drained cans Cannellini Beans
  
     Add Turkey, Onion, Celery, Carrots, Kale, Garlic and Cayenne to large stock pot and heat til vegetables softened and Turkey cooked thru.  Drain fat, and stir in Broth, Sauce, Yogurt, and Beans til heated thru.  Season as desired.  Enjoy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment