Saturday, April 22, 2017

Tater Tot Casserole







     I have always loved Tater Tot Casserole, and not just because it comes from an old family recipe, it's just darn good... (who am I kidding, I'm a tender soul and actually do love the fact that it's a traditional family dish...but the fact it's delish is a major bonus).  Over the years I have given it a proper make over to fit my lifestyle, and now each hearty serving is only 323 calories, 16g net carbs and 38g protein.  So I'm inviting you into my heart and home to be part of my family, my health family, and serve this to your loved ones today!

Ingredients for 8 large servings~
2 pounds 99% lean ground Turkey
Seasonings as desired: Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Celery Salt
1 large chopped Onion
22.6oz Family Size Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
13oz can drained sliced Mushrooms (yields 8oz drained)
1/4 cup grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 recipe Cauliflower Tots~ http://foodfitnessbypaige.blogspot.com/2017/04/cauliflower-tots.html
Diced Red Bell Pepper for garnish if desired (not included in macros)
Sliced Green Onion for garnish if desired (not included in macros)

     Spray 9X13 dish with Pam, crumble ground Turkey into pan,  season as desired.  Sprinkle with chopped Onion, then Soup, Mushrooms and Cheese.  Layer uncooked Cauliflower Tots over top and bake uncovered for one hour at 350.  Remove and garnish with Bell Pepper and Green Onion if desired.  Enjoy  :)

Ingredients for Cauliflower Tots~
24oz Riced Cauliflower, thawed or fresh (I use the pre bagged in the frozen aisle)
2 jumbo Eggs
3/4 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
1/2 cup grated Sharp Cheddar

     Mix all together, shape into Tots and line on Silpat lined cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 for 20 minutes, flip and bake another 20 minutes or til golden brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment