Saturday, April 29, 2017

Zucchini Tots







     You would not believe how good my Zucchini Tots turned out.  What a fabulous way to sneak in a few extra veggies.  Four generous servings of 7 Tots are only 195 calories, 17g net carbs and 12g protein.  If you are looking for a fun new dinner project, then try this out and see how good Zucchini can be!

Ingredients for Four Servings~
1 pound (after trimming) Zucchini ( about 2 medium trimmed Zucchini)
2oz Colby Jack Cheese (can sub with any other hard cheese you desire)
2 jumbo Eggs
3/4 cup Bread Crumbs
Desired Seasonings: Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt, Pepper, etc.

     Grate Zucchini into dish towel, ring out excess liquid and rest in towel several hours to drain.  Meanwhile, grate 2oz Cheese. ( I know I know, you want to buy pre shredded, ...too bad, ... my daughter convinced me fresh shredded is sooooo much better with very little effort.  I resisted at first, then gave in and the difference is so noticeable I will never go back again.  She was right, it is fast, easy and worth it!  My 2oz yielded about 3/4 cup).  Mix all ingredients together til well incorporated and scoop by Tablespoon, shape into Tot and rest on Silpat lined cookie sheet.  Should yield 28 tots.  Bake at 400 for 20 minutes, flip and bake another 10 minutes.  Keeping an eye to ensure they do not over brown.  Enjoy  :)

1 comment: