Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Crockpot Black Beans






     On my latest Segment, my host, Annette talked about how she makes homemade Beans in the Crockpot.  I knew that was something I wanted to try.  If you have ever tasted Beans from scratch vs canned you will be amazed at the difference, they are simply unbelievable.  And her method was so easy, you have no reason not to give it a whirl.  Not to mention, Black Beans are a great source of fiber, along with a high plant based protein.  I can't wait for you to try these and let me know what you think!

Ingredients~
1 cup Black Beans, rinsed and drained (sub with favorite Bean, especially Pinto Beans)
4 cups Water
4 teaspoons Chicken Bouillon
4 Tablespoons chopped Garlic
1 large chopped Onion
Spices as desired

     Add all ingredients to a Crockpot, I line mine with a disposable liner, and cook on high for 5-6 hours, mine were done at about 5.5 hours.  Eat as a side dish, or add to Salads, Tacos, Burritos, Soups or Chili.  If you use the Pinto Beans, you can use your mixer to blend to refried Beans.  Should yield about 4 cups or more.  You will not believe the difference in home made vs canned.  Enjoy  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment