Sunday, November 7, 2021

Weeklong Oats







      Are you looking for that perfect way to start your day?  Or, even a mid morning or afternoon snack?  Follow along for my super secret of what keeps me going after the gym.  Each of the 7 servings are only 259 calories, 56g carbs, 8.5g fiber, 47.5g net carbs, 6g protein and 3.4g fat.  And, by the way, this travels great in the car, and does super in my gym bag!  The best news is, you make one batch and it lasts a full WEEK…huge time saver!!!  And did I mention completely sugar free…and very filling!

Ingredients for 7 servings~

1 3/4 cup Steel Cut Oats

6 cups Water

2 medium ripe smashed Bananas

10oz grated Carrots

4 large Fuji Apples, chopped~sub with favorite Apple

     Add Oats, Water, Banana and Carrots to saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer for 40 minutes, remove from stove and allow to cool slightly.  Meanwhile, chop your Apples and add 5oz to each container, when mixture has cooled enough add 1 full cup to each container, add lid and store in fridge, using over the next week.  I use 2cup containers, and it fits perfectly.  I do not add anything else to my Oats, I find it plenty sweet with the Apple and Banana.  This is a very chewy texture, and I love it.  I take this to the gym and enjoy it mid morning after my work out, very filling and satisfying.  But, the biggest plus is the benefit of batch cooking, having a weeks worth is a huge time saver.  Enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment