Thursday, February 22, 2024

Nutty Brown Rice and Broccoli

 






For YouTube video click Here!
     
     The more I know, the more I understand the importance of having as many plants in our diets as possible.  To sum it up, it really makes our tummy super happy!  Think gut microbiome.  So here’s where I am on this spectrum, I am trying to crowd out as many other things as possible to make room for more plants.  Basically focusing on what can I add versus what I am taking away.  My biggest stumbling block is coming up with ideas to incorporate in my normal routine, so when I come up with a delicious option, I have no choice but to share it!  If you have a wonderful plant based meal idea, please share it with me as I continue on my journey to health!🥗

Ingredients for one Salad~
Mixed Greens ( I used Kale, Spinach, or Romaine)
3/4 cup cooked Brown Rice (I cook 1.5cups dry Rice at a time and divide it up into 6 servings in the fridge)
Fresh chopped Broccoli, including the stem
Fresh sliced Carrots
1/4 cup chopped mixed Nuts
Sliced Green Onion
Cherry Tomatoes
1 Tablespoon Coconut Aminos

     Fill a Salad Bowl with fresh mixed Greens, set aside.  Cook Rice according to directions, I add a diced Onion and Bouillon to my pot of simmering Rice.  Meanwhile, add desired amount of chopped Broccoli and sliced Carrots to microwave safe bowl along with 2 Tablespoons water, and microwave for 2 minutes.  Bonus Tip:  I keep chopped and prepped Broccoli and Carrots on hand all week and ready to go when needed.  Add cooked Rice, Broccoli and Carrots to Salad Bowl, along with chopped Broccoli Stems, Nuts, Onions, Tomatoes, and Coconut Aminos.  Enjoy 😉 



No comments:

Post a Comment