Thursday, August 7, 2014

Fig Avocado Bacon Salad with Brie and Balsamic Glaze







     Have you ever had a fresh Fig!?  Well, I hadn't up until recently, and found out they are WONDERFUL ... I also found out they grow on tree's ... who knew!!!???  You will not believe how these flavors come together to form the perfect union !!!  I urge you to expand your horizons and try something new this week, ... preferably a Fig  ;)

Ingredients~
Mixed Green Salad ( I mix Kale, Romaine, Baby Spinach Leaves, Baby Carrots, Green Onions and Cilantro)
1/2 ounce thinly sliced Brie
1/3 small Avocado, sliced
Handful of grapes
2 slices cooked and crumbles Turkey Bacon ( I use the Turkey Bacon from the meat counter at Fresh Market)
Fresh Fig, halved and sliced thinly
Balsamic Glaze

     Make a bed of mixed greens, top with Brie, Avocado, Grapes, Turkey Bacon, and Figs.  Swirl the Glaze on top and Enjoy the heck outta this !!!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment