Saturday, July 9, 2016

Pepperoni Sandwich







     If you find lunch to be an exhausting dilemma every. single. day. then raise your hand!!!  I try to share my lunch creations from time to time to help a sista (...or brotha) out.  As I was playing in my kitchen the other day, noticing the clock was about to strike 12, I realized that old familiar dread and doom feeling started to consume me once again with that inner nagging of what's for lunch...(what I really want to do is shout leave me alone you pesky varmit... so far that hasn't worked out...)  Having to be a big girl and face the churning of my belly, I started scouting around to piece together the perfect ingredients to feed my soul.  Hence, the Pepperoni sandwich was born.  And let me tell you it was simply divine, and when I thought it couldn't get any better, I added a bag of Quest Sea Salt Potato Chips and hit the bullseye sweet spot of perfection.  All this for 330 calories, 18.7g net carbs and 39g protein.  Add a Fuji Apple for another 75 calories and I would call that an afternoon to remember.

Ingredients for one Sandwich~
2 slices Sara Lee 45 Calorie Bread
2 slices Sargento Ultra Thin Swiss Cheese
10 slices Turkey Pepperoni
No calorie, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray
1 bag Quest Sea Salt Chips

    While heating skillet, spray one side of your Bread with spray Butter and lay on hot skillet.  Then layer with one slice Cheese, Pepperoni, the other slice Cheese and top with remaining slice of Bread and spray top of exposed Bread with Butter.  When golden brown and Cheese has started to melt, flip and toast other side.  Remove, slice, serve with Chips and Enjoy!!!  :)

For 10 dollars off your first 30 dollar order at Vitacost.com click http://goo.gl/jjEvV7.

No comments:

Post a Comment