Sunday, October 2, 2016

Apple Pie Muffins







Raise your hand if Fuji is your favorite Apple!?  I know it's mine and for good reason, it has the perfect level of crisp, tart and sweet all rolled into one red portable ball.  Some peeps are Apple snobs and have a deep passion for other varieties, ...but they would be wrong.  I know what I like and me likes me some Fuji!  I try to eat an Apple a day, not because I'm afraid of my Doc, he's actually a really cool guy and I like seeing him, I just like Apples...well Fuji's.  I would rather take a bullet than eat a soft bland Apple.  To spread the love, I decided to create Apple Pie Muffins.  Each of these 6 Muffins are only 123 calories, 5g net carbs and 9.5g protein.  I'm changing the saying to a Muffin a Day, blah blah blah ...  :)

Ingredients for 6 Muffins~
1 medium ( approx 3.33oz) Fuji Apple, chopped
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil, melted
1 scoop Quest Salted Caramel Protein Powder
1/3 cup Lakanto Monk Fruit~use code Paige20 at checkout for discount
1 Extra Large Egg
1/3 cup 30 cal/cup Almond Milk
1/4 cup Coconut Flour
2 Tablespoons Almond Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
Dash Cinnamon
Dash Vanilla
1 Quest Cinnamon Roll Protein Bar, diced

     Mix all ingredients except diced Protein Bar, drop equally into 6 Silpat lined muffin tins, top equally with diced Protein Bar.  Bake at 350 for 17-18 minutes.  Enjoy  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment