Thursday, March 1, 2018

Zucchini Sausage Pasta






     So, I've got something to say, best listen up!  Found this new product that I love and had to share, and no, this is not a paid post...just something I feel strongly about...and that is PASTA!  Who doesn't love Pasta, no one that's who.  But I don't enjoy the over sized portions, excessive carbs and calories, nor the clean up!  That being said, let me tell you about Barilla Ready Pasta.  It microwaves in 60 seconds, comes in a 2 cup portion, tastes fab, and clean up is a no brainer.  My favorite part is that I can use this as 4 servings, so each 1/2 cup is only 105 calories, 20g net carbs and 3.5g protein.  So utilizing my new find, I created my Zucchini Sausage Pasta, and 1/4 of the recipe is only 338 calories, 26g net carbs and 23g protein.  Eat up people!  :)

Ingredients for 4 servings~
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 medium diced Onion
1 Tablespoon chopped Garlic
Dash Cayenne Pepper
Lite Salt to taste
8oz sliced fresh Mushrooms
2 medium diced Zucchini
12oz fully cooked Italian Chicken Sausage Links, diced
8.5oz (2cups) microwavable Barilla Ready Pasta (I used Gemelli)
1/4 cup grated or shaved Parmesan Cheese

     Heat Olive Oil in skillet, adding Onion, Garlic, Pepper and Salt til lightly golden brown.  Add Mushrooms, cooking til beginning to soften, then add Zucchini til crisp tender.  Stir in diced Sausage and heat through.  Cook Pasta in microwave for 60 seconds and pour in skillet, stirring til completely incorporated.  Garnish with Parmesan.  Season as desired.  Enjoy  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment