Sunday, April 2, 2023

Sweet Potato Waffles






     Isn’t it exciting to play with new equipment in the kitchen.  I think so.  Whipping out my mini Waffle maker one Sunday morning, I got to work.  Sweet Potato Waffles were on the menu, and the best part is that only two ingredients required.  The macros for this entire recipe of 6 Waffles are only 315 calories, 27g carbs, 4g fiber, 23g net carbs, 16.5g protein and 14g fat.  I topped mine with plain Greek Yogurt and Berries, (macros not included for toppings).  What a perfect way to start my day, or these would travel well for a pre/post work out meal.  So simple, so fun, so good in my belly!😊

Ingredients for 6 mini Waffles~

1 Sweet Potato (I like Red Garnett)

2 extra large Eggs

     Fork your Sweet Potato several times, rinse off and clean out any bad spots, wrap in foil, rest on cookie sheet and bake in an oven at 400 degrees for an hour, when cooled, remove skin and smash pulp, add to mixing bowl along with Eggs and beat til smooth with mixer.  Drop by 1/4 cup on cooking sprayed mini Waffle maker, I cooked mine for 2 minutes each.  Top as desired, toppings not included in macros.  Enjoy🥞

No comments:

Post a Comment