Thursday, June 5, 2014

Broiled Caramelized Sweet Potato Rings







     My friend, Karen, who I work with was mentioning how she makes her Sweet Potatoes.  And, since I LOVE Sweet Potatoes, I thought I would give her method a try and it worked out great !!!  I have not done much with the Broiler, for some reason it intimidates the heck outta me, but this worked out great and cooked the insides as well. So simple and a fun new way to make one of my favorite complex carbs!!!  ;)

Ingredients~
Sweet Potato, sliced into rings
EVOO
Lite Salt
Pepper
 
     Line Cookie Sheet with aluminum foil and place rings on sheet.  Brush with EVOO , then sprinkle with Salt and Pepper.  Broil on High for 15-20 minutes, keeping an eye out not to burn.  When browned to your desire, remove and flip, and broil the other side 10-15 minutes or until browned.  Serve with your favorite protein and veggie~ Enjoy  :)


1 comment: