Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Smoked Turkey Keilbasa Sausage







     Being a good parent has pay-offs!  My pay day came last week visiting my out of town daughter as she was making me dinner, and from that meal Smoked Turkey Keilbasa Sausage and Pumpkin Zoodles were born!  My children are all such good cooks and I love learning from them, even my son knows his way around the kitchen!  (#genetics)  So I took my pride back home and re-created this dish the very next night for my hubby, it was so delicious I had to have it again right away!  After adding a few twists and turns, this hearty dish was only 354 calories per serving, 17.5g net carbs and 25.6g protein.  I think it goes without saying ...but it's so obvious... I have to say it anyway... I think my daughter can beat up your daughter ...errr, I mean ... Kids in the kitchen makes the world go round!  (...better!?)  ;)

Ingredients for 4-6 servings (macros based on 5 servings)~
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1 medium Yellow Onion, diced
1 Tablespoon chopped jarred Garlic
Dash Cayenne Pepper, to taste
13oz Smoked Turkey Keilbasa Sausage, sliced and halved
2 small Zucchini
14oz Firm Tofu, diced
Red, Orange, Yellow, Green Bell Peppers (dice each of the 4 Bell Peppers)
16oz sliced fresh Mushrooms
5 roasted Hatch Green Chiles, de-seeded and diced ( can sub with canned Green Chiles)
1/4 cup Somewhat Spicy Roasted Gourmet Pumpkin SuperSeedz (sub with favorite nut or seed)

     Heat EVOO in skillet, add diced Onions, Garlic, Cayenne, and Turkey Sausage til Onions are golden brown and Sausage has a crisped texture.  Meanwhile, spiralize Zucchini into noodles making Zoodles, set in large bowl and set aside.  Add diced Tofu to Onion mixture til slightly crisped on outside, then add all 4 diced Bell Peppers and Mushrooms til crisp tender.  Stir in diced Hatch Green Chiles (can be found at many Grocery Stores late Summer/early Fall) til heated thru.  Pour on top of Zoodles, and finish off by sprinkling with Pumpkin Seedz.  Enjoy  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment