Saturday, May 28, 2016

Lemon Pound Cake







     If you ask me why I have been on a Lemon kick lately, my honest answer is I have no idea... and then I would add, just be grateful and don't ask so many questions...This happens with Peanut Butter as well, I get in a mood and it's all I can think about... right up until I don't....then it's onto my new flavor of the week...don't act like you don't know what I'm talkin' bout... Like in Middle School when I loved Charlie that one week til he loved me back and then I thought Bobby was cuter..."sorry Charlie"...I digress ...Back to Lemons, and Lemon Pound Cake in particular, this sweet tangy creation turned out so spectacular it might cause flavor monogamy.  The macro's are definitely a pro in the pro/con game of love, each of the 4 LARGE servings are only 112 calories, 3.2g net carbs and 11g protein.  Give this a whirl and see how long Lemon can hold your attention...  ;)

Ingredients for 4 large servings~
1 teaspoon Lemon Zest, set aside
1 Tablespoon Nutiva Buttery Coconut Oil, melted 
1 jumbo Egg
1 Lemon, ends trimmed and ground in Magic Bullet (use this Lemon to Zest)
1 scoop + 1 Tablespoon Quest Salted Caramel Protein Powder 
1/3 cup Swerve Granular Erythritol
1/4 cup Betterbody Foods Coconut Flour 
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
Nielsen Massey Lemon Extract
1 Tablespoon Blue Diamond 30 cal/cup Almond Milk
Yellow Sprinkles, for garnish if desired (not included in macros)

After Zesting a teaspoon of Zest from Lemon, set aside.  Stir together Coconut Oil, Egg, Lemon that has had ends trimmed, sliced and de seeded and ground in Magic Bullet, 1 scoop of Protein Powder, Erythritol, Coconut Flour, Baking Powder, and Lemon Extract.  Pour into parchment lined loaf pan and bake at 350 for 18 minutes.  Meanwhile, stir together remaining Tablespoon Protein Powder and Almond Milk til smooth, chill in fridge.  Remove Cake from oven and cool, when cooled add glaze to baggie, snip corner and drizzle over Pound Cake, sprinkle with Lemon Zest and Yellow Sprinkles if desired (Sprinkles not included in macros).  Enjoy  :)

For 10 dollars off your first 30 dollar order at Vitacost.com click http://goo.gl/jjEvV7.

No comments:

Post a Comment