Saturday, January 21, 2017

Egg Roll in a Bowl







     Egg Roll in a Bowl was a new concept to me when my friend Jen mentioned it.  (I'm so glad I'm friends with her...she's the best!)  I set out to make a healthy version, and I think it turned out pretty darn good, and the best part is that I made it for a large crowd, so this recipe yields 8 hearty servings.  Each portion is only 294 calories, 10g net carbs and 45g protein.  You can enjoy this by itself in a bowl, or serve with a side of rice, either way, you can't go wrong!  #eggrollorbust

Ingredients for 8 servings~
2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
1 medium Sweet Yellow Onion, diced
1 Tablespoon chopped Garlic
2 Tablespoons fresh chopped Ginger
Dash Cayenne
1 pound sliced fresh Mushrooms
3 pounds 99% lean ground Turkey, Chicken, Beef, or Pork
2 pounds bagged Cole Slaw
1/2 cup Lite Soy Sauce
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Sliced Green Onions
Cashews
Sriracha

     Heat Oil, Onion, Garlic, Ginger and Cayenne in skillet til golden brown.  Add Mushrooms and continue til cooked thru.  Add meat, brown, and drain.  Stir in Cole Slaw and Soy Sauce til cooked down.  May need Salt or Pepper for Seasoning, garnish with Green Onions, Cashews or Sriracha if desired (not included in macros).  Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment