Sunday, January 15, 2017

Simple Chocolate Chip Cookies








     So my Chocolate Chip Cookie cravings have been off the charts lately, they are my one wish if left on a deserted island...that's the level of importance they hold in my life.  That being said, I can't go around eating them with abandon everyday if I still want to fit into my pants... and I do want to fit into my pants, I really do..., (consider that wish number two).  However, that doesn't solve my original problem, so I must take matters into my own hands and come up with an easy and healthy alternative...and there's no time like the present.  You will be thrilled to hear that this entire batch is ONE SERVING...yes, ONE SERVING (wish number three, yeah me!).  All 8 cookies for 350 calories, 11g net carbs and 41g protein.  Where there is a will...there is a way to fit into your pants...

Ingredients for one serving of Cookies~
1 scoop Quest Nutrition Vanilla Protein Powder
1 large Egg
1/4 cup 2% Fage Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup Lakanto Monk Fruit~use code Paige20 at checkout for discount
3 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
Dash Cinnamon
Dash Vanilla Extract
Dash Almond Extract
1 square (.5oz) Lily's Stevia Sweetened Dark Chocolate Premium Baking Bar, shaved with a sharp knife into slivers ( Can sub with one Tablespoon Lily's Stevia Sweetened Dark Chocolate Chips)
1 teaspoon Pecans, broken into chips, if desired (not included in macros)

     Mix all together and divide into 8 cookies, lay on silpat lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes.  If desired, sprinkle a teaspoon Pecan Chips on top of cookies before baking, will add 15 calories to macros.  Enjoy  :)

2 comments:

  1. any substitute for the baking mix?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I do mostly protein powder baking, I have not experimented with other flours, I'm going for low carb. But, if you are a newbie I can certainly understand not wanting to buy an entire container. Here's my thought, find your nearest local GNC, I noticed they were selling individual scoops of Quest protein powder packets, OR you might even ask if they have any samples on hand they might share, often they do! Hope that helps and great question! Let me know how it turns out! In good health, Paige :)

    ReplyDelete