Tuesday, August 9, 2022

My Protein Shake

 







     I like things easy, and in abundance.  So each week I make 8 days worth of shakes to keep in the fridge, I am able to pull them out in the morning, add my Greens and Fruit, and I am out the door.  Where did I come up with the magic number 8…it’s how many containers I have on hand for my Magic Bullet…duh.  Each shake is 220 calories, 16g carbs, 10.5g fiber, 5.5g net carbs, 29g protein and 5.5g fat.  Can you believe the protein and fiber packed into those calories!!!???  BTW, full disclosure, this is NOT a sweet shake!  It can be with extra fruit, but I am trying very hard to eliminate all processed sweeteners from my life and stick to single ingredient foods as much as possible.  Believe me, in time your taste buds do adjust and adapt, and even appreciate the real taste of food!!!  Just try it!

Ingredients for one serving~

Containers for as many Shakes as you are making

1 scoop unsweetened Protein Powder (I use Quest Multi Purpose Mix~minimal ingredients and a combination of Whey and Casein~slow and fast acting Protein)

2 Tablespoons Ground Flaxseed (be sure to use Ground, Whole Seeds don’t absorb in blood stream like the benefits from Ground)

2 Cups (or one giant fist full) Baby Spinach Leaves

1/3 cup frozen Raspberries (I use frozen to take the place of Ice, and feel free to increase fruit for more sweetness, or sub with favorite Berry or Fruit)

Water (about 1 cup per shake, adjust as desired)

     Using as many containers as desired, add Protein Powder, Flaxseed, and Water to each container with lid, shake to combine and store in the fridge.  The Flax Seeds with allow the Shakes to thicken as they sit.  When ready to use, unscrew lid and add Greens and Fruit, blend til smooth.  Enjoy 😉 

No comments:

Post a Comment