Saturday, May 13, 2023

Mexican Summer Salad





                     Watch my full YouTube Video on how I make my Mexican Summer Salad!🥗

     I just love Mexican food, and even better when I can enjoy it meatless.  For a fun warmer weather twist, I sub Sweet Potatoes instead of meat for a lighter flair.  This salad is filled with suggestions vs rules, and you can create your own Picaso with my ideas.  So give my Mexican Summer Salad a whirl, and see if you will be shouting ole' by the last bite!

Ingredients~

Diced Sweet Potato

Olive Oil

Spices (I use Salt, Pepper, Garlic and Chili Powder, ...these are just suggestions)

Mixed Green (I use Romaine, Kale, Broccoli, Carrots and Red Bell Pepper)

Black Beans

Avocado

Salsa

Cilantro

Rice (optional)

Corn (optional)

     Toss Potatoes and Oil, put on parchment lined cookie sheet, season as desired, bake at 425 for 40-45 minutes, stir half way thru.  Hopefully you make enough to use all week, top cooled Potatoes on Mixed Green Salad, along with Avocado, Salsa, and Cilantro.  If desired, add cooked Rice and Corn.  My trick for Corn is to buy it in the husk and microwave it for 2 minutes, cool and peel off husk, and you will have the perfect "Ear on your Hands".  #seewhatididthere  Here's my other hot tip, I do not use any Dressing because I find the Avocado and Salsa plenty to coat the Greens.  Enjoy  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment