Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken


     Are you ready to get your Pineapple on !?  Prepare for a mouth full of Teriyaki pleasure with this recipe !!!  Enjoy  ;)

1.5 pounds Chicken Tenders ( boneless skinless)
1/4 C Teriyaki Marinade
Large diced onion
Tablespoon EVOO
Heaping teaspoon chopped garlic
Tabasco to taste
Sliced colorful Bell Peppers ( I like the red, orange and yellow)
Cup and a half of diced fresh pineapple
Salt and Pepper to taste

     Pour the marinade over chicken tenders several hours before you cook it, I stab my chicken tenders several times before pouring the marinade on to allow it to soak into the meat. I use the Kroger brand of Marinade, I found it was the lowest calorie of all the Teriyaki's the store had to offer.  I always use Chicken Tenders vs Chicken Breast for my meat, I find the Tenders much juicer and easier to work with, especially when dealing with the boneless skinless meat.
    Meanwhile, heat EVOO in a pan and add onion, garlic and tabasco and cook til golden brown.  I never rush this step and it may take a good 10-15 minutes to get the onions just right!  After the onions are cooked, I add the chicken and cook til tender enough to cut into bite size pieces with my spatula, then I add the peppers and pineapple.  To get more of a steam on your peppers, I usually cover my skillet to speed up the cook time!  I don't add more Teriyaki sauce after cooking, too many calories and too much carbs/sugar for the extra.  I just add a little salt and pepper and enjoy with steamed green beans on the side instead of rice.  If you have to have rice, then make it brown rice!  ;)

1 comment:

  1. It is my first visit to your blog, and I am very impressed with the articles that you serve. Give adequate knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful material. I will be back for the more great postfriv jogos online
    jogos online 2019
    friv jogos 4 school online

    ReplyDelete