Sunday, July 13, 2014

Balsamic Kale Parmesan Pasta














     Oooohhh la la !!!!  That's what I have to say about that !!!  I enjoyed every single bite of this chewy al dente pasta with a tangy twist of Balsamic in every bite !!!  I got this original inspiration from The Pioneer Woman, and boy oh boy does she have some good ideas !!! I do not eat Pasta all that often, but when I do, I try to focus on 2 things: first, PORTION CONTROL... keep it to 2oz, or size of a tennis ball, and second, look for a high quality pasta that packs as much protein and fiber as possible.  Barilla Plus or Dreamfields are a couple good options.  When following these guidelines then you can have Pasta more often without derailing your healthy eating habits, so make sure to enjoy every single bite ( that's tip number three ...).  We served grilled Salmon with a Soy Sauce and Brown Sugar glaze and I could have licked the plate, the Hubs is such a master griller!!!  I sure hope you will give this a try  ;)

Ingredients~
3 Roma Tomatoes, diced and drained on paper towel for several hours
14.5oz box Farfalle Bow Tie Pasta
3 Tablespoons Pine Nuts
1/4 cup EVOO
2 Tablespoons chopped jarred Garlic
Large Yellow Onion, diced
Dash Cayenne
Salt to taste
1 Bunch Kale, torn in pieces
4oz shredded Parmesan
2-3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
Pepper to taste

     Chop and drain Tomatoes on paper towel for as long as possible, ( all day is great, but atleast an hour).  Boil and drain pasta according to directions, while boiling put Pine Nuts in dry small skillet and toast on low for 8-10 minutes stirring often, making sure not to burn, set aside.  Meanwhile, heat EVOO in large skillet and add Onions, Garlic,Salt and Cayenne til golden brown, probably 20-30 minutes.  Then add Balsamic and cook down for a couple minutes, add Kale for a couple minutes to wilt down partially.  Then add Kale mixture to Pasta and stir, when cool enough stir in Parmesan, Tomatoes, and Pine Nuts. Salt and Pepper to taste.  We served this with Grilled Salmon that was basted with a equal mixture of Soy Sauce and Brown Sugar, to die for !!!  Enjoy  ;)

1 comment:

  1. When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on each time a comment is added I buy four emails with similar comment. Can there be any way it is possible to get rid of me from that service? Thanks!
    friv jogos online
    jogos online 2019
    friv jogos 4 school online

    ReplyDelete